Read full article here
French ambassador to Greece, Christophe Santepi, welcomed the press representatives at the Embassy to present the 2nd Forum Mazzinov, which will take place in Technopolis, Gazi, on November 10-11, with the phrase "Parthenon is the symbol of innovation".
A forum where Greek meets French innovation, with a look in the future through the exchange of know-how and economic growth.
The French Ambassador chose to speak in Greek, which he holds very well.
"France is committed to supporting Greece in its quest to exit the crisis. Although the word "support" is no longer the right one. The right word is 'cooperation'. France is now working with Greece in this direction. And innovation is preparing for our common future "and added:
"Innovation can give and give solutions and the opportunity to a world that has been kneeling from the economic crisis to look up and look up again.
The Greek potential for innovation and business initiatives is remarkable and will grow further. This treasure is particularly developed in the field of social innovation and innovation in the field of citizens where Greece is a pioneer ".
France ranks third in innovation after the United States and Japan and is ahead of all other European countries according to Clavirate Analytics 2017. The most dynamic public innovation organization in the world is French and more specifically CEA: Atomic Energy and Alternative Energy Forms. The world's largest digital incubator is located in Paris, France. In 2016, French new ventures have raised more than two billion euros of venture capital.
Greece aspires to make an international opening on innovation issues. For its part, France is looking for partnerships abroad. This convergence of interests is at the heart of the strategic partnership for the future, which is the backbone of the Greek-French cooperation. .
The MAZINNOV network was born thanks to the will of the participants in the first Forum of Innovation held in Athens in November 2016 to continue exchanges and collaborations.
The MAZINNOV map, which reflects the values and missions of the new network, was signed by 135 founding members. It is enriched every month with new members and supports initiatives, collaborations, events and mobility between the two "systems".
MAZINNOV also has the initiative to involve Greek novice businesses in major events in Paris, such as City Hall Hacking and VivaTechnology. Greek students are offered high-level scientific stays to develop collaborations with the largest research centers in France.
MAZINNOV 2: "Imagine the Greece of tomorrow"
The originality of MAZINNOV 2 lies in the encounter of the classical innovation ecosystem with everyone, regardless of their age and location, they are innovative ideas and envision the world of tomorrow. This option for the elimination of watertightness and diversity is an ambition of the MAZINNOV network.
From these findings came the two concepts: "Adopted a start-up" and "Vision Greece tomorrow" are the two pillars of the event that will last for a two days and will bring together those who do not imagine the future simply as an increased or a potential reality of the present but as a new model entirely groundbreaking.
"Adopt a start-up": Businesses are invited to adopt a start-up business.
"Imagine the Greece of tomorrow": younger and less young people are invited to think of Greece tomorrow and envision in 2050.
The MAZINNOV 2 Forum is aimed at the following audiences:
- Representatives of the French and Greek innovation ecosystem, members or not of the MAZINNOV network (start-ups and non-start-ups, incubators, classmates, laboratories, clubs, networks, etc.).
- Representatives of academic and scientific communities linked to innovation and entrepreneurship. .
- Active members of the Youth Innovation Network.
- Users or potential users of innovation innovation makerspace.
- Great French and Greek businesses.
- Banks, investors and chambers.
- Ministries and public institutions.
- Local governments of Greece and France.
- Primary and secondary school pupils and schools.
The Forum can apply for membership:
- Any Greek or French business or other structure, irrespective of the status and field of activity that wishes to adopt a start-up, Greek or French, and to accompany its development at national or international level.
- Every newly established enterprise or organization of a Greek or French project, irrespective of its status and field of activity, seeking international openness to develop its own innovation.
- Each person is a person of a groundbreaking idea linked to one of the issues of "Imagine the Greece of tomorrow".
They can be sponsors:
- Any business, institution or organization that wishes to support innovation chicks and shares the values of MAZINNOV.
- Any SME interested in innovation.
- Any person wishing to support the MAZINNOV network.
Follow the Forum program:
Thursday November 9th
- Reception for the launch of the MAZINNOV 2 Forum at the Ambassador's residence in France
Friday November 10th
- "Adopt a start up" 1 video and one presentation per start up and a presentation of the business it adopts.
- Three workshops: smart cities, landing zone, artistic incubator. A summary of the workshops in the plenary of the conference.
- Opening and closing the workshop: Presentation of large innovative and local leaders who pioneered innovation.
- At the same time, the members of the MAZINNOV network, the adopters and sponsors.
Saturday 11 November
- "Imagine the Greece of tomorrow": a competition of ideas on agriculture, tourism, environment, energy, state reform, maritime, financial, art within the business. Selection of the most promising ideas by a jury made up of public and private decision makers.
- "Imagine 2050": Primary and secondary school pupils from 9 to 12 years old dream in 2050 in the form of films and short presentations.